February 15-19, 2018
Experience and perform in the beautiful city of Puerto Vallarta. The city is located at the center of one of the world’s largest bays – the “Bahia de Banderas” or “Bay of the Flags.” With over 40 miles of coast, the bay is full of dolphins, sea turtles, giant manta rays, and gray and humpback whales that come to visit during the winter.
Jazz Ed Network founding member Mary Jo Papich serves as artistic director for this dynamic festival for vocal and instrumental high school, college and university jazz ensembles. Participating ensembles will perform with Puerto Vallarta jazz musicians as soloists, and all participants will benefit from clinics presented by top jazz professionals. Each group will receive a plaque and medals will be awarded to outstanding soloists.
Tour packages include the following options:
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day
- Whale watching cruise with breakfast and snacks
- Mexican fiesta dinner and awards ceremony with live entertainment
- Logo T-shirt for each participant
- Clinics, workshops/public performances with professional jazz soloists plus one other performance
Groups stay at the beautiful 4-Star Buenaventura Hotel (or similar property). Three or four night packages are available with one free ground package offered with every 25 paid participants.